Advertising Creative Director,
Film Director (NYFA),
K11 Trained Fitness Consultant,
Self Defence Instructor.
Jack of All Trades. Master of One.
My work experience spans 18 Years in advertising and creativity driven streams – eight of which I rigorously spent in the trenches of ad agency cubicles as a Copywriter.
The second leg, I adventured on the frontlines of creative marketing as a soldier of fortune for brands and media channels – that provided me access to new knowledge and arsenal that I was previously only a spectator to.
Today, I consult brands, write for Newspapers and magazines, fitness consult olympic aspirants and athletes, shoot magazine covers and direct tv shows, films and web content, while continuing to be an empanelled film-director with climb media, working on documentaries that drive positive change and feature films of substance.
210 kg deadlift, 115 kg OHP,
165 kg squat & 110 kg bench.
Motorcycled Kashmir to Kanyakumari, Road tripped the entire US West Coast, and Snorkelled, scuba dived, kayaked, jungle trailed and biked all over.
Have 4 HDDs dedicated for my favourite movies and TV shows.
I would rarely say no to watching a good movie.
Mixed Martial Arts
Training in Jiujitsu & Muaythai.
Basic in Kalaripayattu and Jim Wagner’s Knife Defence.
The Journey So Far
Reliance Digital – Channel Set Up (project)
Consulting on set up of the digital media arm for Business of Ideas, which later on went on to become a complete media production company by itself.
Consulting Brand Manager – Neulife, K11, YFC.
Highlight: Ideated and produced ‘Masterclass of Muscle’, a show that enjoys cult status online even today and Directed India’s first World Strongman Competition TV show.
Developing creative direct marketing and digital communication ideas for brands in banking, telecom, real estate, medical services, and insurance.
Highlight: Won 3 international awards including NewYork Ad fest and Effies for my work on pharma brands.
Star TV – Better Comm
Ideating and Developing corporate communications for all the channels of the Star TV Network.
Writing print ads for brands in electronics, retail, real estate, home decor and industrial machinery and equipment.
Arbit Trivia About my early years:
– I was an NCC Naval cadet.
– Studied Science till 12th – doing extremely well in biology.
– I majored in Psychology from Jaihind College, with Distinction.
– I scored extremely well in Philosophy and English Literature as well.
– Throughout School and college, I won Quizzes, Elocutions and Debates.
– Creative Writing and General Knowledge was always my forte, still is.
– I taught specially abled kids at the Spastics Society of India.
– I used to volunteer at the Welfare of Stray Dogs on my weekends in college.
– I worked my way through college: as a door-to-door salesman and a copywriter.
The Impossible, is an Illusion.-Pushkraj Shirke