FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
Q. I’ve never had a professional photoshoot before, so im Nervous.
A. Most of our “models” have never been professionally shot before. So don’t worry, we expect this. We are experienced enough to guide you to find your best in front of the camera and flaunt the best of your hard work – psychologically and physically. Be yourself, bring your best condition to the shoot and leave the rest to our magic and expertise.
Q. Can I get some help with clothes and costuming?
A. We will plan the costuming well in advance of the shoot. There are a few things that always work and you will be provided a list of it. But apart from that, feel free to get creative and if possible discuss prior to the shoot. Some of the best shots have come out of improvisation with existing costumes – so there’s always a scope to mix and match.
Q. Do I have to get a professional hairstylist/MUA?
A. No, but Pushkaraj recommends it. Why? Think about it this way – your commercially edited pics will look fab with or without make up coz they are retouched. BUT if you have professional MUAH, all the raw pics even will look fantabulous and can be used by you without any fancy retouching! Isn’t that worth it?
Q. Can I get a discount?
A. No. But you can Bribe Pushkaraj with chocolate for some extra time/edits.
The week leading up to the shoot is crucial. Here are a few things to make a note of:
1. To avoid skin problems and last-minute rashes, shave/wax a few days ahead of time.
2. Please don’t tan unless you’ve been specifically requested.
3. Kindly get plenty of rest. You don’t want to look tired on shoot day.
4. During the week leading up to the shoot, no alcohol or recreational drugs are allowed. Don’t expect every photo to be altered to make you appear good if you have a bloated face or a hangover. There will be no refunds for cancellations.
5. To avoid water bloating, do not plan your shot within 5 days of your period if you are a woman.
6. Prepare your wardrobe ahead of time. Discuss with your photographer on whatsapp with photos if needed.
7. Prior to the shoot, make sure your wardrobe is in order.
8. If you have hired a make up and hair artist, please double-check with them about the looks and location and time. Verify the address and directions.
9. Try and get a mani-pedi a day or two prior to the shoot.
10. If your shoot is after your completion, please control and don’t eat like a hippo and bloat just before the shoot. It will be worth it.
COSTUMING AND LOOK GUIDE
FITNESS CENTRE SPREAD – SEXY, FIT, GLAMOUROUS LOOK
Lace is Sensuality in fabric form.
Simple string bikinis with no prints.
One piece swim wear.
Belts. Body suits, Heels. Bloody dope heels.
See through fabrics and nets.
Necklaces & Bracelets.
Short AF shorts, Hot pants.
Loose T-shirts that you don’t mind being torn.
Accessories and jewellery
Button up Men’s shirts – ideally white linen
Headgear and masks
Transparent saree / shirt
Pop Accents (discuss with photographer prior to shoot)
COUPLES FITNESS OR BOUDOIR
Discuss with the Photographer in advance as to what’s the shoot aesthetic you are looking for and then plan accordingly. Ensure that you’re on the same page to enable a smooth shoot and experience that you absolutely cherish for life.
COMMERCIAL FITNESS LOOK
Sports Bra / good underwear
Hair tie / Headgear
Denims or 3/4ths and Track pants
Headphones, wraps, straps, bands, gloves, kettlebells and relevant props.
Sports Bras and good underwear
Fancy Sneakers or Shoes
Torn up shirts
Hair tie and face scarf/balaclava
No print fabrics
Props like rope, cloth shreds, lifting chalk, chains and a lot of attitude help a lot.
FASHION MAGAZINE FITNESS LOOK
One piece swim suit
Accessories – Bracelets/Necklaces/Junk Jewellery
High waisted shorts
Head pieces- Bandanas/Hats/etc
Sheer, Lace, Jeans, Belts
String Bikini and loose shirt/tee for back up
Tank tops / Stringers
Denims / Hotpants
Hand wraps / Gloves / MMA gloves
Flat colour clothes with no prints
Make sure you have a call / meet up with the photographer prior to the shoot to ensure that you are both on the same page and teh shoot is as smooth and perfect as can be.
To book a fitness/boudoir shoot with Pushkaraj Shirke,